Roman Holiday

Hey guys! Today I'm going to make my first film review and it's going to be about...Roman Holiday (wait a second, i just told you in the title). Anyway, I've been wanting to do this review for a long time because I'm mad about this movie. Audrey Hepburn is absolutely wonderful in it, even though it was her first Hollywood film. Though I hope it doesn't need any kind of presentation, I'm going to do it just in case there is someone who doesn't know the film.
Princess Anne, tired of her royal obligations, escapes from the palace and goes to visit Rome on her own. Joe Bradley, a journalist looking for an exclusive, recognizes her and offers himself as a guide during the day. However, his feelings towards the princess will make his plans fail...
One of the things I love about this movie is how it shows Rome. You can see the most beautiful places in the city while you're watching the film and, even though it is clearly to promote Rome as a tourist destination, you don't have the feeling that they're trying to sell you something. The script is also great, with lots of fun moments.
Of all the actors in the film, my favourite one is Audrey Hepburn. When she's acting, there's something magical about her that cannot be explained. She is so natural and lovely that the only thing you can do is to stare at her. There are other actors that are also really good, but you won't have the same impression that you have when watching her. In my opinion, the Oscar she got for this movie is well deserved.
Finally, here you can see some of my favourites scenes in the movie and the original poster:


Comentarios

  1. This is one of my favorites movies as well. Great article! Congrats!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario